Nana of Alissa and Brody

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Poem By Grandmother She will Be Missed Very Much

I Even had to write Her Poem in Her Favorite Team Color Crimson and White For The Roll Tide Team. So if you are an Auburn Fan It might hurt your eyes to read this. But read it anyhow because you will love every word or this poem.


Side by Side By Betty Garrison


I know no what tomorrow holds
Or what your fate may be
But what so ever life brings
Let's meet it face to face


If for me time should come
To bid this would goodbye
I'll wait for you inside the gate
To lead you safe inside

Should God call you first to come
To that home up on high
Walk very slowly dear
I'll not be far behind

I'll gladly give up all I own
And Meet God with a smile
If we could enter heaven's gate
Walking side by side

Sequel by David Courington
Side by side we now can walk
In a far and better land
Our cares and troubles lade aside
By sweet Jesus we can stand

With outstretched arms he greets us there
More love than tongue can explain
To a life of constant bliss and care
No sorrow grief nor pain

To those of you we've left behind
I bid you fond farewell
Until one day soon you to0 can live
In that land of the golden bells

"Can't you hear those bells a ringing
Can't you hear the angels singing
Tis a glory hallelujah Jubilee
In that far off sweet forever
Just beyond the shining river
When they ring those golden bells
For You and Me."

We had a great and wonderful Grandmother whom everyone loved very much she will be missed by all. But she is where she has wanted to be for a long time in heaven under neath that shade tree with Papa singing those old songs again and again. She is with old friends and family that have gone on before her. Well this is my last goodbye to the person whom I loved and shared a lot with while she was with us. It will take me awhile to get use to her not being across the street from us and being able to just walk over and see her also talk with her. Well I will close because I have said enough May God Bless all and we all would like to say thanks for all the help,prayers,food and thoughts during our time of need.

1 Comments:

At April 14, 2008 at 3:41 PM , Blogger Emily said...

What a beautiful poem! My prayers are with you all!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home