Nana of Alissa and Brody

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I Never New That So Many Could Get Sick At Once

I never new what it would be like when several people you love would get sick at the sametime. The first person was my Sister Robin first she had a stroke and then we found she had Brain Cancer and who have thought that would happen to her. But today she got finished with the raditation treatment. She goes back in March and get's the MRI done and she get's to find out how well things are. She told me today that she was cancer free and I hope and pray that she is. Then after Robin here come poor Grandmother she has been in and out of the hospital for severl months now and when she get's out she will be going in a nursing home and this is going to hard but she needs the 24 hour seven days help and also needs PT. Then there is my brother he had a tube put down in mouth yesterday and that was hard on everyone. He does not under stand anything that is going on. Today he wanted some water and he could not have any at all and know his mouth was dry. But a nurse came in the room and gave him some water and the Dr said no water until the tube came out. So when the Dr came around to check the tube I ask him again if he could have water and he said no. So after he left I told Mom that a RN came in the room and she gave him some water and she said I will tell her not to do that again. But Thursday he will get the tub out of his mouth and he will be happy and then he can have all the water he want's. Yesterday Dad was in the room all day long and Dwight was not happy at all and when Patsy came in the door he told her he was putting her in the dog house. But he never got mad at me I told him that sis would take care of him. Today I stayed for awhile so Mom could come home and take a bath and check on things at home. I have to go back on Friday and stay again because she has to go and get some meds at Walgreen. Dad went to Day Care today and he will go again on Friday. He has been staying the night at Melissa and coming to my house in the morning and Kent is taking him to day care. It is hard when I am the only one that does not work. On Sunday Patsy was going to come up but she had to go to church first but Mom had alot to do so I went on up. Patsy called later and said what are you doing up at there I told her that Mom had alot to do so I came on up she said well I am not coming. But she came on up later and said you need to go eat but Dwight was not happy with her so I did not leave him to long. Angie my sister daughter came to see him for the first time in a long time. Then today Michelle called and check on him the first in awhile to. Well take care and May God Bless

1 Comments:

At January 31, 2008 at 11:25 AM , Blogger mary said...

Well Phyllis I can feel for you I do know what it is like to have several people you love sick at the same time. Billy's dad is in the nursing home and hasn't known anyone for several years and now Billys mom is in the hospital with mental problems and to watch her is very heart breaking and sad. There is nothing any of us can do to help her just hope and pray that the doctors have the knowledge to help her but we have been questioning that even. And my dad is a different story he still doesn't care if he is here or not sometimes I think he needs to be committed but it gets to a point that you have to leave it in Gods hands and let him handle it. I hope and pray that Robin is Cancer free, just take one day at a time. And I hope that you brother will be well soon and I hope he gets water real soon. It is so hard for your loved ones to be sick and there is noting you can do to help. I felt like that with my mom I wanted to help her so bad but I couldn't and when she came home and couldn't eat that bothered me so much but the Lord did take care of her even though it wasn't the way I wanted it to end but now she is in heaven better than ever. I am thinking about yall while Betty has to go in the Nursing home even though it is sad it is the best thing. Putting someone in the nursing home hurts but there are people there 24 hours a day and they will take great care of here and give her the care she so desperately needs. I am thinking of you Phyllis and love you dearly be strong and hold onto your faith and you will make it just fine. Mary

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home