Nana of Alissa and Brody

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Camp is Getting Closer Kent\Some of My Memories of Camp

This a day to write in red because it means I am getting more and more happy about leaving for camp on Sunday. Well this is one of the most happy times that Kent and I look forward to every year. We have been going to camp since Joe was about 3 years old I think back the first couple of times that Joe went swiming at camp he loved it because he got to swim with me and the girls and also his Dad that was great for him. But later on down the road when he got older to stay in a cabin he miss all the time he got to siwm in the pool twice. Daniel and Joe would play under the big tree out in front of where we eat at. They would get so dirty but they had a good time and that is what camp is all about fun and learning about Jesus Christ at camp. One time I can not forget was the first time we went down to the creek. David was showing everyone how to get in the canoe. I just know he step in the the boat turned over just as soon as he got in. My thinking was you do not stand up in the canoe for sure. Then one time we chuckie hanging around that was Amy's idea and you know how that goes. Then we had a group of boys name Joey,Rodney and I think Daniel that sang the Hump Back Goat Song. Then Rodney thought he was always a chick magnet. Then there was my girls that I had Robin,April,Rachel Bilitz,Dana and others that I can not think of. I just know that I always got the girls to wear a towel to the bathhouse and back so they could get dress in the cabin that seem to be the easy way when they were little. But I had one little girl name Rachel whom cared more about her hair then her body. Yes she had her hair all wraped up in the towel and well you can just guess how the other part of her body was left. We had some good times and funny times to. Those were the days with out air and nothing but a fan going for cool air. Now Kent and I both work in the kitchen and we enjoy that so much. Sometimes Kent just has to tone all of us women out because we get to talking about women things. But we do have a good time we laugh a lot and talk alot about good times and bad. When I first work in the kitchen I wash dishes and what ever else I could do and that is what camp is all about helping one another and learning more about Christ while we are at camp. Games are great but the best night is skit night some are so cute and some are very funny. They sing are the act like someone from camp. So I am so ready to go to camp and my hubby is to he takes a week off from work. Well I hope everyone has a great rest of the week and next week to and I will get back on and tell you all about our week at camp. This is just some of the great times at camp.

1 Comments:

At June 11, 2008 at 5:43 PM , Blogger Granna said...

I can't wait!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home