Nana of Alissa and Brody

Friday, November 28, 2008

Turkey Day Was Different

This year Turkey Day was different around the house. I have never had to cook a full meal here at my house before.Instead on Turkey the boy's wanted fried chicken so I did that and made homemade gravy,sweet potato casserole,corn,green beans,mash potatoes,rolls. Joseph wanted the mash potatoes. So that was something new for me around here and I got sad because there was someone special missing this year. Then my Mom was sick so she did not fix lunch at all so that was also different.While I was cooking Robin called me to wish us a happy Turkey Day and she was mad because Mom had let me get him out and she could not. She said enjoy the time you get to spend with Dad at least she let you get him. But this is one thing I am able to do that no one else can do anymore get Dad out of the nursing home. Joe went and got him for me and that made me feel so good because Mom let me get him out and no one else. She does not trust any of the other girl's because they have been so rude to her and this is a nice way of putting it. I am the only one she trust anymore with Dad and just about anything else that goes on around her house. Well when Joe got to the house with Dad he was so happy to see us. Then about an hour are so later here came April and them. When those great great grand kids walk in he had the biggest smile to come on his face. Alissa gave him a big hug then April,Jason shook his hand. Then she ask him if he wanted to hold the baby and he said yea I hold him. He ask April what is the baby? She said what color does he have on he said pink April said no he has on blue and he is a boy not a girl. This is the only two great great grand kids he has ever seen and will see as long as he lives. My kids and Robin two boys are the only grand kids he will ever see because the others do not come around and see him at all. This is so sad to because it should not be this way but it is and I know I can not do anything about it either. I took Dad to see Mom before I got Ben to take him back to Cherry Hill. After Dad went back I put my Christmas tree up and put my other Christmas things up inside my house. Today we went and put Mom and Dwight tree up and made him happy. Then we fixed supper for Ben and now we are watching Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of The Crystal Skull. Saturday is the big day Iron Bowl Day I hope that Alabama wins the game so when we go play Florida we will have not lost a game. So ROLL TIDE ROLL BEAT THE TIGER"S SO THEY CAN NOT SAY SEVEN IN A ROW PLEASE PLEASE BEAT THE TIGER'S!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home